Open Mouth, Insert...

Out of the Starting Blocks, Stumbling as Usual

Well, NaNoWriMo is already underway and I'm already behind my word count. This is not an unexpected development, as I've discovered that home is the worst possible place where I can write. The problem? Too many distractions, many on my own computer. So, I'm trying to find a good spot to sit and write for hours on end without being too in the way. The Caribou Coffee and Brier Creek is pretty good (I was there for 45 minutes and was able to crank close to 600 words), but I don't imagine myself going there every day and buying one of the (admittedly delicious) caffeine bombs they sell. So tomorrow, I think I'll check out a branch of the local library that's at the strip mall across from my apartment complex. I don't imagine there'd be a lot of caffeine, but there won't be many distractions...

0 comment(s):