Open Mouth, Insert...

Ten Thousand

This entry was written and should have been posted this past Wednesday, but my connection was goofy and I forgot about it afterwards. Anyway, enjoy... This past weekend I made it to my personal goal for my NaNoWriMo story, 10,000 words. Though I'm still not done with the story (and I get the feeling looking at what still needs to be written that 50k wouldn't have been enough anyway), I can watch December 1st come and go with that sense of accomplishment that comes with doing what I set out to do. This doesn't mean I have to stop at 10,000 words before Monday morning. But it does mean that the corner of my brain that's been begging to do something different all month is getting just that bit more insistent. So, what did I do to celebrate? Besides a little book and CD shopping for myself (for those who are interested, I picked up the latest edition of Gamma World, "1421: The Year China Discovered America" and the soundtracks to "Master and Commander" and "Seabiscuit"), I ended up playing a full round of golf with my dad the next day. We played at Brevofield Golf Links, which my dad and I affectionately call the "Cow Pasture", since that's pretty much what it was when we first played it a couple of months after it first opened: a cow pasture with tee boxes and greens. I remember losing at least one ball in the "fairways" that first time. The course is all grown up now, about five years later, and is a fairly attractive place to play. Not to mention that it's a fairly easy course, which is good for people like me who play maybe once or twice a year. So the end result was that I got to unashamedly stink up the links (though I was hitting the ball better that I though I would) while spending time with my dad. All in all, a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon. And a good excuse for the muscle pain that I've just gotten over; I *really* need to get into shape. By the way, I wish I didn't hear that a new Civ 3 add-on was just released. I think I see more Civ Binges in my future...

0 comment(s):