Open Mouth, Insert...

Wugh...

It isn't enough that my car's been in the shop for the past couple of days, or that to get it tomorrow, I'm going to have to deal with what central North Carolina considers to be winter weather (a.k.a., a flurry or two) and all the crappy driving that'll result. Not to mention spending $600 to get it out. Now the creative part of my brain has decided that it would be a good idea to convert Gamma World 4th Edition to FUDGE. Okay, so I didn't really like the latest edition that White Wolf's Swords and Sorcery imprint just released. And in case you're wondering, it's not because it's d20--it just takes everything about the game too seriously, not matter what they said to the contrary in the beginning of the book. Gamma World is supposed to be goofy, gonzo fun, but they dragged it down by over-emphasizing the apocalypse part of "post-apocalypse." And where are the sentient plants? I thought being able to play as a walking, talking hibiscus (or whatever your favorite plant is) was an important part of the flavor of the game. But I digress... Anyway, that kind of conversion would be a *large* undertaking. I can only imagine how long the development time *was* on 4th edition! And besides, I have characters in my NaNo story that are starting to get huffy because they think I upped and left them! I think I'm getting a headache...

0 comment(s):