Open Mouth, Insert...

Quick Hits

Some quick things while I attempt to picture a Catamount without thinking of a Persian longhair on a horse...

  • To be filed under the "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" folder: I am now sick, and I can trace it back to the events of the previous post. It wasn't the dog that was the problem. It was that I was outside in near-freezing temperatures for close to an hour with the dog that's causing problems. Silly me...
  • I'm not done through the entire set yet, but it seems that everything on The Incredibles DVD that hasn't been nailed down has been given subtitles. This includes both of the commentaries on the main disk. Very cool...(And of course, I just wasted five minutes on the website watching clips that are on said DVD set. What can I say?)
  • At McSweeney's comes the best reason yet to switch to NetFlix, Abbott and Costello-style. Now, if I only rented DVD's on a regular basis...
  • It seems that Ball-Wonk has unknowingly started a campaign to get me to be a Washington Nationals fan. Well, Ball-Wonk, although I will always be a Twins fan, you have humorously illustrated more than enough reasons for me to start rooting against the Baltimore Orioles.
  • Back to The Incredibles DVD, I found the video essay by Sarah Vowell (who voiced Violet in the film) to be very funny, if not a little odd.
  • Finally, from the City of Heroes comes Nova Trip, a music video that illustrates that while Paragon City is a very cool place, knockback can be a killer. Especially with a backbeat...

0 comment(s):