Open Mouth, Insert...

Low Tide, Highway

Every so often, maybe every few months or so, I go through a short period of time where I feel drained, both creatively and energetically. I'm going through one of those times now. If I subscribed to the concept of biorhythms better I'd have a better explanation for what I'm feeling, but "low tide" seems to sum it up nicely. Now, it is said that the best way to get rid of this kind of doldrum is to get away from everything for a while.

That's exactly what I am going to do this weekend.

To be specific, I'll be driving to New York, the State for the weekend to visit my brother and his wife, as their daughter will be turning two on Saturday (that would be two years old, not acting as the pivot in the double play). I even got her a "story lantern" as a gift; it's a hurricane-lamp-shaped object that will flip pictures of nursery rhymes while telling the story behind them. At least, that's it works in theory; the batteries in the one I bought are dead, so I'll need to replace them before I can tell for sure.

The lantern must be telling me something.


I'm bringing my camera with me, but as always it's a crapshoot as to whether I actually use the thing. If I do take pictures, I'll find a way to put some of them up so you regular readers (all...um...five? of you?) can see...

0 comment(s):