Open Mouth, Insert...

Flechette and *Crack*

Ow, my head hurts.

First of all, let me mention that I've submitted "Flechette" to BlogSkins. It's a very orange skin, done partially in response to a slightly tongue-in-cheek proclamation that orange is the new black. So I decided to see if that was right. It's not a bright orange, so you won't go blind by looking at the page...honest! Actually, I felt the need to do something simple after working on what I want to do for nakaithus.net. If I put everything in that I've jotted down over the past few days, the site will be Byzantine in comparison to what I've done before—so I'll have to work to either keep everything and keep the site easy for the end user to grok or pare things off my list until the site becomes easy. It's a lot a work for a relative neophyte like myself, hence the need for something simple.

Now, back to my head. I was puppy-sitting today and needed to wrangle the pups outside to get them to do their business out in the lawn. Since they're so small right now the easiest way to do this is to pick one up in each hand. Doing this, I navigated out to the 3-season porch and over to the sliding door. The sliding screen door in front of the glass door was open.

Just in case you don't know where this is headed, let me explain something about the glass door. This thing hasn't been cleaned in 3 months, after the third time a bird tried to fly in, snapping its neck and perishing on my parents' deck. It hasn't helped; while the birds aren't diving headlong into the door anymore (I'm guessing word got around), the door still looks immaculate.

Which brings the action back to me. I was walking toward the door and noticed that the screen door is open. I actually thought to myself "I wonder why they left the porch wide open", then looked down as the puppies started to squirm in my arms.

*Crack*

I walked hard enough that I had to stop (of course) and regain my bearings. Thankfully, I never lost my grip on the dogs. For their part, they stopped squirming and looked up at me with this "what was that for" look.

The upshot of this is that they did their business on the back lawn.

0 comment(s):