Open Mouth, Insert...

Just One More Before I Go...

I uploaded another template onto BlogSkins. This one's called Something Green and it should be entertaining to and possibly even controversial. Why do I think it's controversial? First of all, I designed it with Mozilla in mind (as it is my opinion that it is the best browser available) and then backfilled toward Explorer. I've noticed that most of the kiddies that frequent the site not only use IE but code directly toward it as well, using its CSS extensions and other "kewl" tricks that aren't universal; I can't begin to say how many templates there "jump the box" (by not using 'overflow' properly). As I think about it now, perhaps this template is a way of evening the scales a bit. Second, I placed a license from Creative Commons on the code. This is a direct result of the amount of whining, hand-wringing and accusations about stealing code. I don't think my people there would be willing to steal my code, but to my knowledge this is the first time someone has tried this on the site. That in itself could generate some conversation. That is, of course, if it gets noticed. I get the feeling based on the feedback from my first template (based on this one) that I'm not exactly "kewl" with the kiddies. Which is fine by me; I get a place to play and experiment a bit. If someone uses what I create, that's very cool, but it's also gravy for what I want. Well, I'm off to visit relatives. You have yourselves a very merry Christmas--or holiday equivalent!

0 comment(s):